Update 8.1 final stats added
Final stats for update 8.1 have been added.
In total, there were 125M battles by 415k players recorded in the database during the update 8.1.
This time there is a major change in the TOP20 best performing tanks
- Annihilator did not even make to TOP20. Instead, Object 252U took the lead and T28 Concept and T54E2 took the 2nd and 3rd spots respectively.
- Wait, was Annihilator secretly nerfed in update 8.1? Yes and no. While its stats were not touched, WG did nerf Anni through MM. Ever since update 8.1, battles have had equal number of Annihilators on both the sides. While Annihilators still reap havoc on the battlefields, the red teams have had equal number of those ridiculously OP tanks. This is WG’s way of secretly nerfing a tank that according to their own words “doesn’t affect balance system so much”…
- The above image is courtesy of gallabru@EU who has analyzed the replays submitted to WoTinspector.com. There is nothing uncertain about this secret MM rule for the Annihilator, but WG has not officially communicated this change. Maybe WG is preparing players for the next ultra-OP Halloween tank?
Other notable changes
- The tier X stats M-VI-Yoh has improved its performance still and got into TOP10 best performing tanks. Maybe players have learned to use the small 3-shot gun that has crazy DPM. The dual-shot gun is so fun, but it lacks the DPM to survive end-games.
- The new tier VIII premium tank premium tank Somua SM has performed very well and why not: a tank with high burst damage, great turret armor, gun depression and decent mobility rarely struggles on on the battlefield.
- It should be noted though that in addition for the Somua SM being very good tank (especially for the less-skilled payers), it has been played by very good players so far (tier VIII WR +6% vs. the average).
- The other new tier VIII premium tank premium tank Škoda T 27 did not perform that well and ended up being 6th worst performing tier VIII medium tank medium tank.
- Sturer Emil got (over)buffed in update 8.1, but it did not impact that much on its stats. It seems the tank is still too hard to play for most of the players (no armor, no turret). I personally felt the engine-buff was too much and the tank lost its sluggish characteristics and became more of an arcade version of itself. I wish WG would partially reverse its engine buff :-)